Description: E3 Systems University – 5 days Certification Course
This five-day course provides training of the basics of installation, programming and maintaining an E3 Series® Fire Alarm System, both in stand-alone mode and a networked system. A review of the various modules used in E3 configurations is conducted. Discussion will focus on their individual design, features and their collective capabilities. The basics of the S3 SLP will be included. The tenets of voice messaging are included in a separate course, titled: E3 Voice Systems University (see below). CAMWorks™ is used throughout the course for E3 Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) programming.
1. Have a working knowledge of basic fire alarm systems.
2. Be familiar with basic computer functions, such as copy, paste, search, etc.
3. Have an understanding of Boolean Algebraic concepts and experience in programming fire panels.
4. Have a working version of the latest GW‐FCI programming software installed on the laptop brought to class.
5. Complete the entire online prerequisite course PRIOR to attending the instructor-led class.
* If any ESD does not have ANY issued new programming keys, they will be unable to complete the CAMWorks online module prior to attendance at the class. In that instance, coordinate with the instructor on the first day of class for resolution.
Assessment: Evaluation of student understanding will be accomplished by combining the scores of the graded programming projects with the score of the written final examination to establish a final course grade, which must be 70% or higher.
It is also a mandatory for the students to perform the "ONLINE FEEDBACK" on the last day of the class.
Topics: SLC Devices
CAMWorks Programming Software
Other information: All classes will be conducted 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (local time), unless otherwise noted. The instructor reserves the right to make changes to the daily schedule during the course, as needed. IMPORTANT NOTES: GamewellFCI META suggests that attending students NOT make air travel arrangements back to their home location before 7:00PM (local time) on the final day of the class. It is strongly recommended that airfare travel arrangements made be refundable in case of class cancellation.
Learning method: Instructor Led Course
Training hours: 40